School of Education Student Scholarship Exhibition
Thursday, December 6th
5pm – 7pm, Ocean First Bank Center
Varsity Club Rooms
The SOE Scholarship Exhibition is a poster session hosted by the School of Education. The purpose of this event is threefold:
- To highlight student scholarly endeavors within our school and celebrate research that is completed or underway.
- To create an opportunity for School of Education students at all levels to think about research and how it improves our respective fields
- To recognize and appreciate the work of student peer
Apply to present:
If you would like to be included in the School of Education Student Scholarship Exhibition, please complete the following form. Forms are due by Friday, November 30th
Scholarship Exhibition FAQ
1) Proposed Research
This includes research that has not entered data collection, however uses the research process for problem identification, research question formation, and a plan for conducting research. This area would fit well for introductory research methods classes or students in the planning phase of honors theses. Posters would walk through this planning phase of research and likely include background, purpose and methods sections, though no specific format is required.
2) Completed Research or Research In Progress
This includes scholarly research that is either in the data collection process without final results or research that has been completed. This can include scholarship conducted for honors theses, class projects that utilize the research process, faculty/student research collaborations, and independent research.
3) Experiential Education and Clinical Practice Reflections
This includes critical reflection of field work experiences through internship opportunities and clinical practice placements. Posters will include reflection on the site, clients/students, assignments/role, as well as what the presenter learned through the experience and a reflection on how they impacted their site. This could work well for social work placements, clinical experiences in education, counseling, and speech language pathology, health studies professional seminar internships, and nursing clinical placements.
4) Other student scholarship
This category is designed to highlight other scholarship that is taking place in the classroom that involves thoughtful inquiry or analysis according to the standards of your field. This category may include development of a lesson plan based on current pedagogy, an in-depth analysis of a policy or problem in the field, or a service learning experience that transformed understanding of the field. These are just examples, and this category is designed to demonstrate that scholarship in each field is often more broad than a traditional social science research paradigm.
Both individual students and student groups can apply using the form above. If you are in a student group, use one student as the main contact and provide contact email. Please make sure to list all students involved in your project, with Monmouth student emails.
Please make sure to accurately list your course number, section and course teachers members name.
1. Proposed Research
2. Completed Research or Research In Progress
d. Results or Preliminary Findings
e. Discussion and/or Conclusions
3. Experiential Education and Clinical Practice Reflections
b. Job title
c. Assignment or role
e. “What did you learn?”
f. “How did you impact the site?”
*inclusion of pictures of the site, your work products, etc., are encouraged*
4. Other Scholarly Work
a. Requirements as defined by the project
- 3 x 4 ft printed professional poster (recommended)
- 2 x 3 ft printed professional poster
- 12 Printed out color PowerPoint slides (format 3 slides down and 4 slides across)
Please note that if you intend to have your poster printed at the Monmouth University Digital Copy Center, the final file should be delivered to them as a PDF. Please remember to give the Digital Print Center time to process your order. They are often very busy at the end of the semester, please email or call them for estimated delivery times. Please use this link and follow the prompts to submit an order: www.monmouth.edu/copy-center
- Design of Scientific Posters www.craftofscientificposters.com/
- Slideshow: Pimp My Poster, The Scientist. www.thescientist.com/?articles.search
- PosterPresentations.com www.posterpresentations.com/html/free_poster_templates
- PowerPoint Templates for Scientific Research Posters www.postersession.com/poster-templates.php