Programming Competition 2019
Many thanks to our 2019 HSPC Sponsors for awesome prizes!
We hope that this fun and challenging programming opportunity will be as enjoyable and rewarding for teachers and students as they’ve told us our previous competitions were.
Our competition this year is open for up to 24 teams of 3 students/team. Registration is available through: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-high-school-programming-contest-hosted-by-monmouth-university-tickets-51173530407
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, registration has reached capacity. Since the 24 slots are now taken, remaining teams will go on a waitlist. We ask all participants to let us know if they do not need all of their registered team spots, so we can make that spot available to another team.
Preliminary Contest Information
The contest venue will consist of 2 buildings on the Monmouth University campus
- Our School of Science home, Edison Science building, recently renovated (it is stunning!) will host the main meeting space in the School of Science Atrium, Edison 201. Signs will direct you to the Atrium entrance upon your arrival.
- Computer lab facilities are in Howard Hall, located just across the hall from the Atrium.
- Buses and cars can enter the University through the Larchwood Ave entrance and discharge passengers near the Leon Hess School of Business. The walkway between the School of Business and Pozycki Hall will lead you directly to the Science Atrium. Buses that remain in the area will be asked to park off-campus after drop-off.
- Contestants should arrive at the Registration Desk in the Atrium between 8:30-9:15 a.m. The program will start promptly at 9:30 am. Please refer to the 2019 Schedule page for the event schedule.
- Teams will receive a package that includes the schedule, rules and instructions on how to electronically submit a program for judging.
Each team consists of no more than three (3) students. Schools can send 1 to 4 teams, accompanied by one or two high school faculty and/or administrators.
No later than Friday 2/1/19, we would like teachers to email Prof. Jamie Kretsch the following:
- The name and academic year of each participant, organized by team. Please include the school name, since some districts are represented by multiple schools.
- All student members must be currently enrolled at the high school they represent.
- If the teacher accompanying the team to the competition is other than the individual who registered the team, please include the name of the advisor and their position in the school.
- If other school administrators would like to come, they are absolutely welcome but please provide that information in advance.
- An agreed-upon name for each team, related to the high school name and including “CS” in it (e.g. MiddSouthRocksCS1 or OceanACS). It’ll be used as a social media tag!
- A scanned copy of the completed, signed Photo Release form for EACH team member. Any school that does not provide signed Photo Release forms prior to the contest cannot be recognized. Download the Photo Release Form.
- T-shirt size for all attendees.
- Any special needs, including dietary, for any participant.
- Transportation plan – we have been asked to provide information in advance on how many buses (full-size? mini?) will be dropping off students. There is no parking on campus for busses, but several shopping areas are nearby.