The Monmouth University IRB complies with the Code of Federal Regulations, CFR, title 45, PART 46
- Policies and Procedures
- Federal Regulations: CFR, Title 45, PART 46
- Best Practices: IRB Member
- Best Practices: Supervising Professor
The Revised Common Rule
Changes to regulations governing human subjects research, as outlined in the Common Rule, 45 CFR 46, will take effect January 21, 2019. The amended rules are the first significant changes to human subjects regulations since 1991.
- All existing studies approved by the IRB prior to January 21, 2019 will remain governed by the pre-2018 Common Rule. Amendments to and continuing review of these studies will be reviewed in accordance with the pre-2018 Common Rule.
- All new studies approved by the IRB on or after January 21, 2019 are subject to the revised Common Rule.
- The IRB has reviewed and updated materials available for the MU research community to ensure these comply with both the pre-2018 Common Rule and the 2018 Revised Common rule.
- The Revised Common Rule: Guidance
- The Revised Common Rule
- The Revised Common Rule: Educational Videos
Overview: The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) is a leading web-based training provider of research education content for millions of learners at academic institutions, government agencies, and commercial organizations in the U.S. and around the world.
- CITI Program: Directions to login
- Which courses do I need to complete? – Requirements at Monmouth University
- Add/Change Your Affiliated Institution
Print your CITI Completion Report and Certificate
- Log Into CITI
- Click “Main Menu”
- Click “Print Completion Report” all completed courses will display
- To save as a PDF, click change-instead of print and “Save as PDF”
- Training is valid for a period of three years from the the date of completion.
Application Resources and Regulations
- Guidelines for Submitting a Proposal
- Criteria for IRB Approval of Research
- Definition of Terms
- Research Involving Children
- Research In International Settings
- New Jersey Department of Health IRB
- FERPA -The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.
- IRB Application
- Addendum Form (required to make changes to an approved application)
- Continuing Review/Closeout Form
- Debriefing Form – General Use
- Debriefing Form – Research Involving Deception
- Supervising Professor’s Consent and Checklist (required for student researchers)
- Off-Campus Research Verification Form
- Research in Schools Form