All students who participate in the Federal Work Study Program or wish to work on campus need to complete an employment packet. Students MUST visit the Student Employment Office, located in Bey Hall 127, to complete the necessary forms.
Forms that can be completed in advance and brought to the Student Employment Office include:
- Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA)
- International Student Agreement (for international students only)
All other forms must be completed in person at the Student Employment Office. These include:
- Application Card
- Student Employment Referral Form (SERF)
If a student has never worked for Monmouth University, he or she must bring proper identification that establishes both identity and employment authorization with him or her to complete the employment forms.
International students need to bring the following original documentation for the Form I-9:
- The student’s unexpired foreign passport
- Form I-20 from Monmouth University
- A valid Form I-94 or I-94A, Arrival/Departure Report indicating F-1 nonimmigrant status
- Social Security card or original receipt from the Social Security Office. If presenting a receipt, an original Social Security card must be presented as soon as possible.
- Additional documents may be required, click here for more information.
Gender Inequity Acknowledgement Form
On January 6, 2014, the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (NJDOLWD) released a new mandatory gender equity notice, which we must distribute to all employees annually. This new requirement includes an acknowledgement that the employee has received the gender equity notice, and has read and understood its terms. The acknowledgement must be electronically signed and submitted by the employee within 30 days of its receipt/distribution. The electronic notice and acknowledgement is available through the following link:
The federal and state laws which prohibit discrimination in the workplace are not new; the state has merely enacted this new notice requirement beginning this year. The University additionally has a policy regarding discrimination and harassment which you will find here:
Discrimination & Harassment
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the Office of Human Resources at (732) 571-3470, the Office of Equity and Diversity at (732) 751-7577 or the Office of Student Employment at 732-571-3560.