Main Menu

  • Licensure and Career Opportunities

    As a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor, you are qualified to work in a wide spectrum of treatment facilities serving individuals with substance use disorders and their families. The LCADC license also allows you to be a private practitioner and to receive third party payment through a variety of health insurance companies.

    According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of substance abuse and behavioral disorder counselors is projected to grow 22 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Growth is expected as addiction and mental health counseling services are increasingly covered by insurance policies. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-2017).

    Our students find rewarding careers in a variety of settings:

    • Outpatient programs
    • Inpatient programs
    • Intensive outpatient programs
    • Halfway houses
    • Criminal justice programs
  • I’m interested in learning more.

    I’d like to consider entering Monmouth in the    semester.

    just a couple more questions, we promise.


    I am a     student

    what's your first name?
    we need your first name.
    what's your last name?
    we need your last name.
    what's your email?
    we need your email.
    this email is invalid.

    Care to submit additional information?


    what's your address?
    we need your address name.
    what city do you live in?
    we need the city you live in.
    what's your zip?
    we need your zip.
    this is an invalid zip code.
    what's your phone number?
    we need your phone number.
    this is an invalid phone number.

    Click to submit and receive confirmation.

    Thank you for your interest in Graduate Studies at Monmouth University!

    A graduate admission counselor will be in touch soon. We encourage you to explore to learn about our exceptional faculty, read about our students’ accomplishments, and schedule a visit to our beautiful campus.