Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do graduate programs start only in the fall or can students start in the spring or summer too?
The graduate Anthropology program allows students to start at any time.
- What modality and times are most courses offered?
Most class schedules are in-person with some hybrid courses that meet in the late afternoon or evening.
- Are programs designed for full-time, part-time study, or both?
All graduate programs through this agreement are designed for full-time or part-time study.
- How long would it take a typical student to get through each program?
Two or more years (assuming part-time enrollment).
- What are the application deadlines?
Applications are processed on a rolling admissions basis but the preferred general application deadlines are:
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: Dec 1
- Regarding meeting GPA requirements, is the GPA from just MSU used or the GPA from all institutions attended?
The final Montclair State University GPA is used, but transcripts from other institutions the student attended are required for admission review.
- How does the graduate assistantship program work?
Students entering graduate programs with a minimum 3.0 GPA are eligible for a Graduate Assistantship. Students awarded a 3-credit GA position have 3-credits of tuition paid for in exchange for their work. Those with a 6-credit GA have 6-credits of tuition paid for. Those with a 9-credit GA have 9-credits of tuition paid for. Information about graduate assistantships will be provided at the time of admission. Graduate Assistants may conduct research or assist with teaching alongside faculty. Learn more about assistantships. Note: Students who apply after preferred deadlines might not be considered for graduate assistantship opportunities.
- Are there scholarships?
Students who have a 3.0 or higher GPA and are taking 6 or more credits are automatically awarded a graduate scholarship. Learn more about scholarships.
- Is there one Monmouth admission liaison for MSU or will students work with graduate admission in general?
Graduate Admission Counselor