The Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) will be providing eligible students awards of $1,000 each year for up to four years as part of the Governor’s Urban Scholarship Program. To be eligible for this award, you must meet all the following criteria:
- Reside in one of the high-need designated communities in New Jersey: Asbury Park, East Orange, Jersey City, Millville, New Brunswick, Plainfield, Trenton, Camden, Irvington, Lakewood, Newark, Paterson, Roselle, or Vineland.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with appropriate approval from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Be a New Jersey resident for at least 12 consecutive months prior to receiving the award.
- File a FAFSA each year within the State established deadlines.
- Be Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) eligible (if at any point in time the student is no longer eligible for TAG funding, the Urban Scholarship money will be removed.)
- Be matriculated full-time in an eligible academic program.
- Make satisfactory academic progress in order to continue to receive the award.
There is no separate application for the scholarship; eligible students will be notified by HESAA. This award will be granted to Monmouth University students in the amount of $500 for the fall semester and $500 for the spring semester. Funding of this award is subject to change due to annual State appropriations.
Please see Governor’s Urban Scholarship Program Fact Sheet for additional information.