The winner of the Tortuga Scholarship will receive:
- $1,000 scholarship for studying abroad
- 1 travel backpack
The scholarship may be used for tuition, room and board, books, or travel. Funds will be sent directly to the winner’s study abroad program or university. In cases where this is not possible, alternative arrangements will be made.
To apply for the Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or currently studying in the US on a student visa
- Be a full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing at a four-year, degree-granting college or university in the U.S.
- Have applied to or been accepted into a study abroad program eligible for credit by your college or university
Please check your eligibility before applying.
Spring 2020 Scholarship
Submit your application by December 20, 2019. The winner will be announced on January 5, 2020.
Fall 2020 Scholarship
Submit your application by May 20, 2020. The winner will be announced on June 5, 2020.
BRIC Language Systems is committed to supporting language learning and education. As part of our passionate commitment to learning, we have created the BRIC Go Global Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to the student who has the best understanding of the importance of language learning and its place in society. The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded directly to the student and can be used for tuition, books, language classes, etc.
• US Citizen
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA
• Currently studying a foreign language
• Experience or a desire to study abroad
• Not on probation or suspension
To apply for the BRIC Go Global Scholarship, applicants must follow these steps:
- Create a 500 – 1,000 word essay describing your personal language experience, your desire for international study and why you feel that language learning will be a necessity within the next 10 years
- Complete the application form on this page and attach your essay
Application deadline is Sunday, June 30, 2019
Winners will be selected within 5 business days from the deadline date and will be contacted via phone and email to notify them of their award. For more information or for additional details, please contact us using the information listed below:
BRIC Language Systems
119 W. 24th Street
New York, NY 10011
Students who are U.S. Citizens who receive the Federal Pell Grant and are studying abroad in summer 2020 or academic year 2020-21.
The Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) invests in promising students with financial need who wish to study abroad. Potential applicants who meet the eligibility requirements may participate on any international education program that meets their academic objectives. Scholarships range from $1,250 – $10,000 and can be applied for programs that run for at least 28 days.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S. (graduate students are not eligible)
- Study abroad program must be eligible for credit at the student’s home institution
- Study abroad program must be at least 4 weeks (28 days) in country/countries
- Online application form
- Unofficial transcript upload
- Financial Aid Form (to be filled out by financial aid office, returned to student, and uploaded by student applicant)
- Recommendation letter (only 1, submitted by a professor, advisor, or supervisor)
- It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure FEA receives all application components by the deadline.