Thumbtack is building the world’s largest local services marketplace. We’re an online service that connects people with experienced local professionals to help them accomplish millions of projects each year. 250,000 small business professionals actively use Thumbtack each quarter, across nearly 1,000 categories from house remodeling to event planning, music lessons to personal training. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised almost $300 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, and Google Capital.
We’re transforming local services and empowering the small businesses and independent professionals that are the economic engines of our communities. We’re dedicated to their success and to building opportunities for more individuals to become independent professionals and entrepreneurs – as well as to helping consumers hire the best professionals for things they want to accomplish, from home improvement to wellness, events, lessons, and everything in between.
One step we’re taking to further this commitment is offering a $2,500 scholarship to individuals enrolling in or continuing to pursue education opportunities that enable them to:
- Develop skills relevant to running a small service business
- Master a trade that is currently offered on Thumbtack
- Improve and expand their knowledge of entrepreneurship
Whether you’re enrolling in school for the first time, continuing your ongoing education, or stepping back into the classroom for the first time in years, we want to hear your stories.
The scholarship will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates this commitment by chasing their passion to learn a new trade that they can turn into a business, learning fundamental business skills such as marketing and accounting, or deepening their knowledge and capabilities to improve public policy and foster an environment that better serves small business owners and independent professionals.
HOW TO APPLY To apply, you must
- Take a video of yourself that includes:
- Your name and college
- Talk about what business or service you want to offer in the future — this can be anything from your own web design business, to becoming a dog trainer, etc. How do you envision using your education to start a small business or enable more individuals to start their own businesses and become independent professionals?
- Post the video to Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram, tag @thumbtack, and use hashtag #ThumbtackScholarshipContest
- Fill out the Thumbtack Scholarship Entry Form with a link to this video.
Video entries will be accepted starting January 23 at 12:01am, and all video entries must be posted no later than June 1, 2018 at 11:59pm. Thumbtack will select and notify the winner via email on or before June 8, 2018.
- You must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or vocational program, or be planning to enroll in an undergraduate, graduate or vocational program during the 2018-2019 academic program in the United States.
- You must be pursuing a degree that enables you or others in your communities to learn a new trade, develop skills or start a small business.
THUMBTACK PRO SCHOLARSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES TO WIN. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.