Kia Motors America, Inc. (KMA) has established a scholarship program to assist students who plan to pursue a college undergraduate degree in one of the following discipline areas: Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Arts, or Math (STEAM).
Our goal is to discover and reward students who embody the spirit of “Give It Everything,” and help them pursue their academic dreams.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to submit applications and be considered
- Be U.S. high school seniors or self-schooled—with written proof (and be at least 16 years of age),
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or
university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year,
- Reside in the United States,
- Plan to pursue a degree in one of the following fields:
- Sciences — Biology, Chemistry, Pre-Medicine, Physics, Applied Sciences, Material Sciences
- Technology — Aeronautics, Automotive Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mechanical Sciences,
Technical/Vocational Majors (involving machines, computers, technologies)
- Engineering — All engineering fields, such as Applied, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, etc
- Arts — Design, Graphics, Architecture, Fashion, Fine Arts, Studio Arts, Motion Pictures/Television, Entertainment Arts (other design-driven arts will be considered)
- Math — Math, Applied Math, Statistics
- Have a cumulative of GPA 3.8 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) or higher,
- Demonstrate financial need.
An applicant who is, or who has an immediate family or household member who is, an employee, officer or director of Sponsor, or of Sponsor’s affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, distributors, scholarship providers or advertising and promotion agencies, is ineligible to participate in the Program.
For purposes of clarity, employees, officers and directors (including such individuals’ immediate family and members of their household) of Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Inc. are eligible to participate in the Program.