How to Enter:
- Answer our scholarship question in 400 – 500 words (response must be written in English).
- Put your answer in a Google doc, with your name and year in college at the top (high school seniors allowed).
- Fill out our form.
- Submit by May 1st, 2020.
In 400 – 500 words, answer the following question:
How did caring for a pet growing up help shape you to be the adult you are today?
We’re looking for essays that incorporate unique ideas, personal stories, and thoughts about the how caring for a pet growing up helped make you the person you are today.
To Be Eligible:
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college in pursuit of a associates degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree. We reserve the right to verify date of high school graduation and/or university enrollment.
- If you’re a graduating high school senior, your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- If you’re in college, your GPA must be 3.0 or above. If you’re in graduate school, you must either have a 3.0 GPA or above or a “Pass” in a Pass/Fail grading system.
- You can’t be related to anyone on the Rover staff, but you can be related to someone who’s a pet sitter or dog walker on Rover.
Entry is subject to the official rules and conditions, which you can access online. As further set forth in the official rules, your entry grants us full permission to republish and otherwise freely use your entry materials and your name and likeness in order to promote Rover or other third parties.
How to Win:
Your essay will be judged based on:
- 50% = Thoughtfulness of response
- 30% = Relevance to prompt
- 15% = Quality of composition
- 5% = Grammatical accuracy
There will be one winner, who will receive a check for $2,500.
We’ll choose and notify the winner by May 31, 2020.