The Polish University Club of New Jersey grants a limited number of scholarships to deserving students in need of financial assistance for their undergraduate and graduate studies. The award embodies a moral obligation for the recipient to continue outstanding scholarship effort and propagate the scholarship idea.
The applicant must:
- Be a New Jersey resident of Polish descent, enrolled as a full-time student, and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Have completed their senior year of high school and have proof of enrollment to an accredited college or university OR have completed their freshman year as a full-time student in an accredited college or university and have proof of enrollment for their next year at the school.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a copy of the Student Aid Report received in response to the FAFSA application (high school and undergraduate only).
- Provide a sealed official transcript. Transfer students and graduate students must supply official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Provide two sealed letters of recommendation. One recommendation letter must be from a faculty member and the other from a Polish-American (non-relative) that has known you for at least two years.
- Provide a current 4×6″ headshot which will not be returned.
- Attach a one page, typed, double-spaced, original essay written in English entitled: “My Polish Culture, Heritage, and Pride – What it Means to Me.”
The applicant is required to complete all items on the application. Forms are to be completed and submitted by April 15th, all mailed items to be postmarked by April 15th. High school graduates must enclose a letter of acceptance and a confirmation of enrollment at an accredited school for the continuance of the applicant’s education. Incomplete applications will not be considered. For those considered for an award, a personal interview is required and will only be held on the evenings of May 21st, 22nd and 23rd, 2019. Award decisions will be final and will be announced by June 1st. The presentation of awards will be at a scholarship luncheon held on June 9th, 2019.