The PNC – Barry Gillman Humanitarian Scholarship recognizes outstanding students who demonstrate a commitment to serving the community through volunteer service. The Barry Gillman Humanitarian Scholarship honors the compassion and spirit of volunteerism embodied by the late Barry Gillman by encouraging undergraduate students to continue in their humanitarian work while attending college.
FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED AT: Any ICFNJ member college or university
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $5,000
NUMBER OF ANNUAL AWARDS: 2
- be enrolled full-time at an ICFNJ member college or university;
- be entering junior or senior year;
- possess a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale;
- must be actively engaged in a volunteer service project;
- must demonstrate the highest ideals and qualities of citizenship and humanitarian service as evidenced in their personal statement, resume and letters of recommendation;
- preference will be given to those students with plans to pursue a career in the legal profession.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Please note that all applicants must submit a brief essay describing their humanitarian, community and/or volunteer service.