The PDK Educational Foundation offers more than 30 scholarships, but — good news! — you only need to fill out one application! One-time and renewable awards range from $500 to $5,000. Our application is designed to capture any specific eligibility criteria designated by the donor(s) and you will be considered for all scholarships for which you are eligible. Please check out the Scholarship FAQs before you start to learn more about our policies and guidelines.
Here’s a preview of the application components:
- A personal statement sharing a story about yourself that relates to why you want to become a teacher. Consider sharing a personal challenge you’ve overcome, an experience with a teacher or other adult who inspires you, or other experience that supports your decision to become an educator. (250 words maximum)
- A description of your involvement with Educators Rising, including any leadership roles you have held. (150 words maximum)
- A description of your other activities. Include activities in which you have worked with others in a teaching or learning capacity, service activities or clubs, sports, paid employment, and any responsibilities you have at home like caring for a younger sibling or elderly relative. Include any leadership roles you have held and years of involvement. (150 words maximum)
- A transcript which includes the fall semester. It does NOT need to be official. Please save it with a file name starting with your last name, e.g., Jones_transcript.pdf.
- A letter of recommendation written by a person not related to you who is familiar with your academic abilities and school activities. Please ask for this letter early, as we cannot extend the application deadline. The letter does not need to be sealed. Please save it with a file name starting with your last name, e.g., Jones_letter.pdf.
- The scholarship application will open on January 6 at midnight (12 am) and close on April 6, 2020 at midnight (12 am) EST.
- Questions? Check out the Scholarship FAQs! If you still have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Educators Rising wants to make sure that membership fees are not a barrier to access scholarships for high school seniors pursuing a career in education. If your financial circumstances prevent you from paying the $10 membership fee, contact our Educators Rising office at 800-766-1156 to speak with our Member Services team about alternative options for scholarship access.
- Connect with us on social media so you can stay up-to-date on all our scholarship opportunities! Many PDK Chapters administer scholarships at the local level. To explore additional scholarship opportunities for which you may eligible, contact your local Phi Delta Kappa Chapter.