The NJCPA Scholarship Fund provides $6,000 one-year scholarships to accounting students at New Jersey colleges who are currently in their junior year or in their senior year and entering an accounting-related graduate program in New Jersey.
Scholarships are awarded based on academic performance, an essay and personal interview.
- Be a resident of New Jersey attending a NJ college or university with a minimum 3.2 overall GPA through the end of the Fall 2018 semester.
- Be an accounting major or have a concentration in accounting with at least 12 credits in accounting completed by the end of the Spring 2019 semester, with a graduation date of December 2019 or later.
- Have a current junior-year status or above in an undergraduate program.
- Be enrolled in an NJ accounting–related program in the Spring 2019 semester or entering a NJ accounting-related graduate program in the Fall 2019 semester with a graduation date of December 2019 or later.
Submit all four (4) of the items below by Tuesday, January 8, 2019. Your application will not be considered without these.
- Online Application. Access the application by agreeing to these rules and clicking the “Continue to Application Form” button below
- A 500-word essay. Your essay must be submitted online at the time of application submittal. Your essay must answer BOTH of the following questions:
- Why did you choose accounting? How do you think the CPA credential will impact your career?
- Official transcript (including fall semester). Have your school send your transcript directly to NJCPA. You may also ask the accounting department to send unofficial transcripts directly to NJCPA.
- If 12 accounting credits have not been completed by the end of the Fall 2018 semester, you must provide proof of registration for the Spring 2019 semester showing additional credits.
- All Scholarship recipients must provide an official transcript showing 12 completed credits and a minimum overall GPA of 3.2 by the end of the Spring 2019 semester.
- Your resume.