New Jersey District Export Council (NJDEC) is a non-profit organization of leaders from across New Jersey whose knowledge of international business provides a source of professional advice for local firms. Closely affiliated with the U.S. Commercial Service, New Jersey Offices, the NJDEC combines the energies of nearly 30 volunteers to supply specialized expertise to small and medium-sized businesses in their local community who are interested in exporting. www.njdec.org
This scholarship is a way for the NJDEC to support and welcome the next generation of international business leaders. It is also a way for college students interested in international business to show future employers involvement in the field and having access to NJDEC industry professionals.
$1000 NJDEC Scholarship eligibility:
- A college student (registered for Fall 2018) pursuing a degree at a New Jersey college or university in international business
- Maintain at least a 3.2 GPA (4.0 scale)
- U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
Award is based on the following criteria: official academic transcript, two letters of recommendation and the essays. We are happy to provide this opportunity to a deserving student and look forward to assisting you in any way.
- Application, with accompanying documentation, must be postmarked by Monday, April 2, 2018. Sorry, applications and /or supporting documents received after this date will NOT be considered.
- All applicants will be notified via email of the final decision by April 30, 2018. Winner is invited to the May 2018 NJ DEC meeting to be presented with the award. (date and location to be determined)
- Award will be paid to the recipient’s college or university for the Fall 2018 semester. (Proof of enrollment by scholarship winner must be provided)