Many drivers are not aware of these startling and very scary facts, especially newer drivers. The essay contest “In The Driver’s Seat” seeks to have applicants highlight the importance of being a safe and educated driver. This scholarship seeks to reward six students for his or her submission dealing with the importance of being a safe and educated driver. The application is handled in essay format. To apply, submit an essay of less than 500 words in Microsoft Word format addressing the following questions:
Questions to be Answered in Your Essay/Application:
- What is the importance of driver education in reducing the number deaths as a result of driving?
- What steps can be taken to reduce the number of deaths related to driving?
- Have you ever had an experience of being in car accident or have seen your friends or family members driving irresponsibly?
- What steps can you take to be a better and safer driver as well as help others become safer on the road?
This is an annual scholarship program.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in either High School, University or College as a full-time student (2019-2020 school year). Employees and relatives of National Driving and Traffic School are ineligible. There will be three contest submission dates. To be eligible for the contest submit your essay by one the submission dates.
- Round 1: April 1: application deadline
- Round 2: Accepting entries May 3 – August 1.
- Round 3: Accepting entries September 18 -November 30. Winners announced 1/01/20
Along with your submission please include a picture of yourself which we can post on our site to go along with your essay