In 1993, Government Finance Officers Association’s Executive Board voted to create the Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship to recognize and encourage outstanding minority students enrolled in a course of study preparing for a career in state or local government finance.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Enrollment Status: Full- or part-time; graduate or upper level undergraduate
- Course of Study: Public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, political science, economics, or business administration (with specific focus on government or nonprofit management)
- Letter of Recommendation: Someone who can speak to your commitment to the public sector
- Number of Scholarships Available for Award – 2018 Level: One $10,000 award
- Employment Requirement: None