Applicants to the Mark Beaumont Scholarship must intend to pursue a career in any aspect of the business of game development including: law, marketing, business management and human relations.
• Must be a full-time undergraduate student starting their second year or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university in the United States during the 2017-18 academic school year.
• Major: Any field.
• GPA: 3.3 minimum on a 4.0 scale.
• Applicants do not need to be a US citizen or permanent resident to apply. In compliance with federal law, any non-U.S. citizen who receives a scholarship must not be listed on a published “Specifically Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list.
• Family members of AIAS Foundation board and staff and individual major donors of the Foundation (defined as contributors of at least $1000 in donation) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
• Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
To complete this application, you must upload the following:
1. Verification of enrollment in an undergraduate (minimum 2nd year) or graduate studies program for the 2016-2017 academic year.
2. Two page (maximum) personal statement, including:
a. Information about your studies and how you will benefit the game industry
b. Statement addressing your service, leadership, character, and financial need.
3. Two current, signed letters of recommendation:
a. Letters of recommendation must be from colleagues or professors from your current academic program, administration, and/or professors who know you individually.
b. Letters of recommendations must address your potential to make significant contribution to the game industry through character, service, or leadership abilities.
Please mail directly from your university your most recent official college/university transcript (with school stamp, school official’s signature, or embossed stamp/seal) and school’s grading system. Address all transcripts to:
c/o Mark Beaumont Scholarship
11175 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 440
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Applications submitted by April 30 will be reviewed during our Spring Funding Cycle