The applicant must:
- be a citizen of the United States of America.
- hold membership in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- be at least 21 years old.
- have experienced an interruption in education of two or more years since completion of high school or college.
Additional Scholarship Committee Considerations
- Involvement in Women of the ELCA
- Women of the ELCA must be notified in writing of any change in education plans.
- Scholarship funds must be used within the academic year of the award.
- Scholarship funds must be returned if the educational program is canceled, or if it is terminated by the recipient’s personal decision.
- Scholarships funds will be forfeited if the scholarship recipient does not adhere to the timeline set for providing information and documentation needed for awarding funds.
- If requested, recipient will be interviewed for Women of the ELCA print and/or electronic media.