At LastPass we recently celebrated 10 years of providing seamless password security for individuals and businesses. Our customers have given us so much over the years – their time, their feedback, their trust – that we’ve been inspired to give back.
That’s why LastPass and LogMeIn’s corporate social responsibility program, Mission Possible, have partnered to offer the LastPass STEM Scholarship. With this scholarship, we aim to provide STEM students with resources to support their education.
Students entering and currently attending college who plan on studying or currently study within the STEM fields are eligible to apply to win a scholarship of $12,000 ($10,000 for tuition and $2,000 for books). We will select a winner based on the quality and substance of their submitted essay and video.
If you meet the below criteria, please apply via the application on this page. If you are associated with a high school or university, please spread the word to your students.
LastPass STEM Scholarship Details:
- Students must be high school seniors or be currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Only students enrolled in high schools, colleges and universities in the U.S. are eligible.
- Student must be majoring in a STEM field or planning to major in a STEM field.
- An applicant’s GPA must be above a 3.0 to qualify.
- Each applicant must submit a 500-word essay to apply and, if chosen to proceed to the second round, each applicant must submit a video. Video topic to be disclosed upon notification.
- Essay submission deadline is April 30, 2019. And the winner will be announced July 2019.
Being in the cybersecurity industry, we’re fascinated by its constantly evolving nature, which can include shocking data breaches and innovative new technology. An unexpected factor here is human behavior. Even when one of their accounts is involved in a data breach, over 50% of people do not change their password. What is the link between human behavior and technology, and what does that say about the future of security?