The Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) invests in promising students with financial need who wish to study abroad. Potential applicants who meet our eligibility requirements may participate on any international education program that meets their academic objectives.
Please note: FEA scholarships will be awarded for programs starting in summer 2018, and any semester during the 2018-2019 academic year. Spring 2018 scholarships are not included in this application cycle.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S. (graduate students are not eligible)
- Study abroad program must be eligible for credit at the student’s home institution
- Study abroad program must be at least 4 weeks (28 days) in country/countries
- Online application form (includes an unofficial transcript)
- Financial aid form (to be filled out by financial aid office, returned to student, and uploaded by student applicant)
- Recommendation letter (only 1, submitted by a professor or advisor)
- It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure FEA receives all application components by the deadline of January 17, 2018, 12pm EST
Funding Amounts: FEA awards scholarships of up to $10,000 for students who plan to study abroad for a full academic year (2018-2019); $5,000 for students who plan to study abroad during the fall (2018) or spring (2019) semester; and awards that are prorated by number of weeks in-country (with a minimum of $1,250) for students studying abroad during summer 2018.
Preferences: FEA gives preference to students with demonstrated financial need, and strongly encourages students to apply who represent a group that is traditionally underrepresented in education abroad. These groups include, but are not limited to:
- First-generation college students
- Minority students
- Community college students