In 1987, the Government Finance Officers Association’s executive board voted to create a Government Accounting Scholarship to recognize outstanding performance in accounting studies and to encourage careers in state and local government.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Enrollment Status: Full-time; graduate or upper level undergraduate
- Course of Study: Accounting
- Letter of Recommendation: Someone who can speak to your commitment to the public sector
- Number of Scholarships Available for Award – 2018 Level: Two $10,000 awards
- Employment Requirement: None