Only the first 1,000 applications will be considered…apply early!
The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning has established a scholarship program to assist current high school seniors who have completed a minimum of five (5) blended or online courses during their last two years of high school and plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs.
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
Applicants to The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning Scholarship Program must:
- Be high school seniors who have completed a minimum of five (5) blended or online courses during their last two years of high school.
- Demonstrate academic achievement or improvement as a direct result of their enrollment in the blended/online learning curriculum.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award from one of the following two categories, dependent upon the type of school and degree the student is planning.
If selected as a recipient, applicants planning to attend a four (4) year college or university will receive an award of up to $10,000 per year. Up to ten (10) awards will be granted. Awards may be renewed for one additional year, contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study and continuation of the program by The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning.
If selected as a recipient, applicants planning to attend a two (2) year community college, vocational-technical or trade school will receive an award of up to $5,000. Up to twenty (20) awards may be granted. Awards are not renewable but students may reapply to receive an award for one additional year provided they continue to meet the eligibility requirements and continuation of the program by The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning.
Awards may be used for tuition, fees, books and required supplies only.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- Start by clicking Register to Apply at the bottom of this page. You will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account. Students failing to use a valid active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking on the Save and Log out link located on each application page. To return to the application, you must login using your username and password.
- Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore answer all questions as completely as possible.
- Applications and all required documents must be submitted electronically by the deadline in order for your application to be processed.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, the Lock and Submit button will be available to you near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your application before clicking the Lock and Submit button. Once submitted, you will no longer have access to your application.
- It is recommended that you print a hard copy of your application for your records.
- You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application.
As part of your application, you must also upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form.
- A completed Certification Form (click to view and print the form).
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
Only the first 1,000 applications will be considered. If the program reaches 1,000 applications before the deadline date of April 30, 2018, the program will automatically close. Your application MUST be one of the first 1,000 submitted.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, outside appraisal and an essay, which includes the following:
- Describe how completing blended and/or online courses bridged a learning gap;
- Explain the rationale behind the specific courses selected; and
- Describe any academic or educational struggles which occurred prior to enrolling in blended/online coursework
Financial need is not considered.
Recipients’ essay responses will be released to The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship Management Services. In no instance does any officer or employee of The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Applicants will be notified in late June. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning. Payments are made in equal installments in early August and mid-December.
Recipients have no obligation to The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning. They are, however, required to notify Scholarship America of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information, and to send a complete official transcript when requested.
The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
Call: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for The Foundation for Blended and Online Learning Scholarship Program