Do you have fun travel stories to share? We bet you do! Our 13th annual teen travel blogging merit scholarship offers cash grants for great writing. And it’s easy to apply.
- First Place: $1,000
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $250
- Leading travel insurance provider Allianz Global Assistance will also award the top three prize winners a “Go Bag” comprised of a GoPro, portable power pack and a passport holder with RFID protection.
- 20 Honorable Mentions: Travel prizes from our sponsors CityPASS and Rough Guides.
Eligibility for FTF Teen Travel Writing Scholarship
- Applications will be accepted between May 1, 2019 and July 12, 2019.
- Applicants must be ages 13-18 and attending grades 8-12.
- Applicants must be attending junior high or high school in the United States or Canada, or an American international school abroad, or be enrolled in a U.S. home school program.
Submission Requirements for FTF Teen Travel Writing Scholarship
- Travel blogs must be no more than 600 words in length, and the trip must have been taken in the last five years.
- Entries must include text and be illustrated by at least one photo, digital artwork or video.
- Travel essays must include practical details so that others can follow in your footsteps. Details should include names of attractions, museums, theme parks, resorts, restaurants, the local beach, etc. with URLs as appropriate.
- Travel blogs must be submitted online using the FTF Teen Travel Scholarship Essay Submission Form. Please create a strong, descriptive blog title, and use the editing tools provided to make paragraph breaks or add punctuation, and to upload your photos. If you are submitting a video, please enter the URL at the bottom of your entry and we will add it to your blog post.
- All applications must be received no later than 11:59pm ET on July 12, 2019. Late entries will not be considered.
- Your travel blog must be your original creation and must not have been previously published.
- Multiple submissions are not allowed.