Who is eligible to apply? All Company and participating Franchise restaurant, corporate and field employees, spouses or domestic partners of employees, and dependent children of employees are eligible. All high school seniors, regardless of whether or not they or their parent/guardian is employed at BURGER KING®, are also eligible to apply.
What are the details of the award?
- BURGER KING℠ Scholars awards are awarded each year.
- The number of awards will be determined by the funds available and the number of applicants.
- Most scholarships are non-renewable awards of up to $1,000. Awards cannot exceed educational costs.
- The scholarships can be applied to tuition, fees or books required for course load at accredited, two- or four-year colleges/universities in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico (Note: Employees and employees’ spouses or domestic partners may use awards to take enrichment courses at accredited institutions).
- A student may transfer from one institution to another within their award year and retain the award provided the institution and their enrollment fulfill eligibility criteria.
What are the selection criteria?
- Academic achievements
- Participation in school and community activities
- Length of employment (enrichment awards only)
- Work experience (James W. McLamore “WHOPPER” Scholarship only)
- Financial information (James W. McLamore “WHOPPER” Scholarship only)