This scholarship program is an opportunity for U.S. college students to earn $1,000 towards the tuition cost of the college they will attend.
This scholarship is not limited to any particular major, and all majors can apply. We encourage study and learning across all disciplines.
Big Berkey Water Filters Scholarship 2020
To be eligible to participate, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Content must be written in English only
- Contest is open to applicants aged 17 or older who reside in the United States
- Contest is open to applicants who currently or plan to attend a four year college or university in the 2019-2020 school year
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement > 3.0
If you would like to be considered for scholarship opportunities, please complete the following steps:
Big Berkey’s $1,000 Essay Scholarship
Please address the following topic in an essay:
Problem: The quality of our drinking water is in decline worldwide. This is primarily due to manmade environmental pollution seeping into our waterways and ultimately our drinking water sources. Combine this with the inability of home and city filtration systems to keep pace with these new chemicals and contaminants, and you have the general public being exposed to a range of health dangers.
Essay Subject: Speak to this evolving problem and suggest potential helpful solutions. This can include any or all of the following subjects:
- Public education
- Better environmental regulations of our waterways
- Next-Gen / advanced methods of large-scale public filtration systems
- Steps average household can take to limit potential exposure
- 750 – 1,500 words; please note the word count at the end of the essay
- Proper citations and bibliography must be included
- Only one essay submission per student
- Submit your essay in pdf format to email@example.com. Include a cover letter with your full name and contact information, also in pdf format.
- Submissions in languages other than English will not be accepted