The ACS-Hach Second Career Teacher Scholarship is awarded to professionals in the chemistry field pursuing new careers as high school chemistry teachers. Recipients receive stipends (up to $6,000 for full time study or up to $3,000 for part time study) toward the completion of a master’s degree in education or secondary chemistry/school-of-science/ certification and support and mentoring throughout their 3 year teaching commitment.
- Have a bachelors degree or higher in chemistry or chemistry-related discipline
- Have at least one year work experience in a chemistry-related profession
- Cannot have more than one year experience as a high school chemistry teacher
- Be accepted into an education master’s program or teacher certification program
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident