Monmouth University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (Telephone: 267-284-5000).
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The Leon Hess Business School is accredited by the AACSB—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- The chemistry program (with a concentration in advanced chemistry) is on the Approved List of the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- The undergraduate software engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org, and the undergraduate computer science program with a concentration in advanced computing is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master’s degree program in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Monmouth University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- The undergraduate BSW and graduate MSW social work programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The graduate programs in School Counseling (MSEd) and Mental Health Counseling (MS) are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- The Master’s program in Speech-Language Pathology at Monmouth University is a candidate for Accreditation by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association. This is a “pre-accreditation” status with the CAA, awarded to developing or emerging programs for a maximum period of five years.
- The certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis is approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst examination.