What diversity resources are available on campus?
Several departments on campus, including our academic areas, provide diversity resources, programming and support.
The Office of Equity and Diversity serves as a vital resource and leader in promoting and furthering the University’s commitment to diversity and equal opportunity for all members of its community. The department’s work includes coordinating campus diversity efforts; providing programming and services that support diversity, inclusiveness, equal access, equitable treatment, and cultural understanding; and, providing training and consultation to support diversity in the workplace, and to prevent and resolve discrimination and harassment.
The Student Life division supports the University’s diversity and inclusion efforts in a variety of ways:
- The Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations serves as an important resource to enrich the experiences of all students on campus. Through its programming, students foster personal growth and integrity by engaging in social, learning and leadership opportunities that extend beyond the classroom. The department’s work includes assisting all clubs and organizations; coordinating multicultural diversity programming; hosting events and programs; coordinating leadership opportunities; managing the Rebecca Stafford Student Center; and, arranging weekend programming on campus.
- The Office of Residential Life serves as a key resource to meet the many and varied needs of our diverse student body. This department holds a number of events during the year that support our diversity and inclusion efforts. The department’s work includes developing an environment that supports students’ academic endeavors; promoting individual development; developing communities built on mutual respect, concern, and a sense of cooperation and sharing; and, helping to empower our students to become active and participating members of the residence halls and local communities.
What types of events support diversity and inclusion on campus?
The Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations assist student groups in holding events focused on diversity and inclusion throughout the year. Some of these events include:
- Kwanzaa celebration sponsored by the National Council for Negro Women
- The Drag Ball sponsored by S.P.E.C.T.R.U.M. (Sexuality, Pride, Education, Community, Truth, Respect, and Unity at Monmouth)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute Celebration
- Menorah Lighting hosted by Chabad/Hillel
- Chinese New Year Celebration hosted by the Chinese Student Association
- Eid Dinner sponsored by the Muslim Student Association
- Events for African American History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Disability Awareness Month, and Women’s History Month
For a listing of all events, view the Student Activities Calendar.
Do you have disability services for students, employees and visitors?
Support services are available to students, employees and visitors with disabilities. Students seeking accommodations should contact the Department of Disability Services for Students at 732-571-3460. Employees seeking accommodations should contact the Office of Human Resources at 732-571-3470. Visitors to campus seeking accommodations should contact the Office of Equity and Diversity at 732-571-7577. A copy of the University policy and procedures regarding accommodations can be obtained through the office listed above.
Do you have inclusive restrooms on campus?
Yes, we have inclusive restrooms on campus.