Kathleen L. Grant, Ph.D.
B.S, Biology, Wagner College, New York
M.A, Counseling, The College of New Jersey, NJ
Ph.D., Counselor Education, Montclair State University
- Herr, K., Grant, K., & Price, J. (2020). Sex segregated schools to challenge gender and racial bias. In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education. Oxford University Press. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/acrefore/9780190264093.013.1337
- Grant, K. & Pompeo-Fargnoli, A. (2019). The current climate of the college admissions process: Implications for the counseling profession. North Atlantic Region Association Counselor Educators and Supervisors Newsletter.
- Burlew, L. D., Pulliam, N., & Grant, K.L. (2014). The mental health and counseling needs of gay men, adolescents, and boys. In M. Kocet (Ed.), Counseling gay men, adolescents, & boys: A strengths based guide for helping professionals and educators. New York, NY: Routledge.
Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Presentations:
- Grant, K. (2020, October). Interconnected challenges; Interconnected solutions: The fight for climate and social justice. Presentation at the 2020 Climate Crisis Teach-In at Monmouth University, West Long Branch.
- Grant, K. (2020, October). The truth in 10: A flash introduction to the climate crisis. Presentation at the 2020 Climate Crisis Teach-In at Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ.
- Springer, S., Grant, K., Cozzolino, L., and Tortorello, S. (2020, October). Examining shame resilience: Applying Brené Brown’s theory to personal and professional counselor development. Presentation at the 2020 Current Topics in Counseling Conference at Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ.
- Grant, K. (2019, October). Walking–The–Walk: Preparing Future School Counselors for Social Justice Advocacy in Schools. Presentation at the Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors biannual meeting, Seattle, WA.
- Grant, K. (2019, October). The Unintended Consequences of the Competitive College Admissions Process. Presentation at the New Jersey School Counselor Association Annual Meeting, Edison,NJ.
- Grant, K. (2019, May). The single-gender classroom: Increasing opportunities or reinforcing stereotypes? Presentation at the New Jersey Future Educators Association Conference, West Long Branch, NJ
- Grant, K. (2018, September). Baby on board: Motherhood in counselor education doctoral study. Presentation at North Atlantic Region Association for Counselor Education and Supervision’s biannual meeting, Burlington, VT
- Grant, K., Levitt, D., & Pinto, S. (2018, September). Merging the art and science of counseling:Portraiture as a qualitative method of inquiry. Presented at North Atlantic Region Association for Counselor Education and Supervision’s biannual meeting, Burlington, VT.
- Grant, K. (2018, March). Privileged but pressured: Mental-health issues among affluent adolescents. Presentation at New Jersey Counseling Association’s annual meeting, Lincroft, NJ
- Cinotti, D., Grant, K., & Springer, S. (2017, March). Promoting the role of the school counselor in bullying prevention and intervention. Presented at the ACA Conference & Expo in San Francisco, CA.
- Burlew, L., Pulliam, N., & Grant, K. (2012, April). Counseling gay men. Presentation at New Jersey Counseling Association’s annual meeting, Lincroft, NJ.
- Grant, K. (2009, April). Children of parents with multiple sclerosis: Issues to consider and intervention strategies. Poster presentation at New Jersey Counseling Association’s Annual Meeting, Long Branch, NJ
- Grant, K. (2019, November). The impact of the extreme achievement orientation on adolescent mental health. Presentation at the 2019 Current Topics in Counseling Conference at Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ
- Andrisani, F. & Grant, K. (2014, April). Successful job searching and interview skills for future school counselors. Presentation at the 6th annual counseling conference at Caldwell College, Caldwell, NJ.
- Roland, C., Grant, K., & Lehembre, M. (2011, December). Who is the bully: Insights from research and practice. Presentation at Montclair State University’s annual bullying workshop, Montclair, NJ.
American Counseling Association (ACA)
American School Counselor Association (ASCA)
Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
New Jersey School Counselor Association (NJSCA)
Mentor for the Educational Counseling Student Association at Monmouth University
Grant Funding/Academic Support
Exploring Students’ Experiences with a Shame Resilience Curriculum in a Counseling Elective Course: Courageous Connections. Recipient of $1000 CETL grant.
Frequently Taught Classes
Recently Taught Classes
- EDC-525-01 - Assessment for Counseling
- EDC-555-01 - School Counseling Program Planning and Consultation