Kathleen L. Grant, Ph.D.
B.S, Biology, Wagner College, New York
M.A, Counseling, The College of New Jersey, NJ
Ph.D., Counselor Education, Montclair State University
- Grant, K. & Pompeo-Fargnoli, A. (2019). The current climate of the college admissions process: Implications for the counseling profession. North Atlantic Region Association Counselor Educators and Supervisors Newsletter.
- Burlew, L. D., Pulliam, N., & Grant, K.L. (2014). The mental health and counseling needs of gay men, adolescents, and boys. In M. Kocet (Ed.), Counseling gay men, adolescents, & boys: A strengths based guide for helping professionals and educators. New York, NY: Routledge.
Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Presentations:
- Grant, K. (2019, October). Walking–The–Walk: Preparing Future School Counselors for Social Justice Advocacy in Schools. Presentation at the Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors biannual meeting, Seattle, WA.
- Grant, K. (2019, October). The Unintended Consequences of the Competitive College Admissions Process. Presentation at the New Jersey School Counselor Association Annual Meeting, Edison,NJ.
- Grant, K. (2019, May). The single-gender classroom: Increasing opportunities or reinforcing stereotypes? Presentation at the New Jersey Future Educators Association Conference, West Long Branch, NJ
- Grant, K. (2018, September). Baby on board: Motherhood in counselor education doctoral study. Presentation at North Atlantic Region Association for Counselor Education and Supervision’s biannual meeting, Burlington, VT
- Grant, K., Levitt, D., & Pinto, S. (2018, September). Merging the art and science of counseling:Portraiture as a qualitative method of inquiry. Presented at North Atlantic Region Association for Counselor Education and Supervision’s biannual meeting, Burlington, VT.
- Grant, K. (2018, March). Privileged but pressured: Mental-health issues among affluent adolescents. Presentation at New Jersey Counseling Association’s annual meeting, Lincroft, NJ
- Cinotti, D., Grant, K., & Springer, S. (2017, March). Promoting the role of the school counselor in bullying prevention and intervention. Presented at the ACA Conference & Expo in San Francisco, CA.
- Burlew, L., Pulliam, N., & Grant, K. (2012, April). Counseling gay men. Presentation at New Jersey Counseling Association’s annual meeting, Lincroft, NJ.
- Grant, K. (2009, April). Children of parents with multiple sclerosis: Issues to consider and intervention strategies. Poster presentation at New Jersey Counseling Association’s Annual Meeting, Long Branch, NJ
- Grant, K. (2019, November). The impact of the extreme achievement orientation on adolescent mental health. Presentation at the 2019 Current Topics in Counseling Conference at Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ
- Andrisani, F. & Grant, K. (2014, April). Successful job searching and interview skills for future school counselors. Presentation at the 6th annual counseling conference at Caldwell College, Caldwell, NJ.
- Roland, C., Grant, K., & Lehembre, M. (2011, December). Who is the bully: Insights from research and practice. Presentation at Montclair State University’s annual bullying workshop, Montclair, NJ.
Frequently Taught Classes
Recently Taught Classes
2020 Summer E
2020 Summer B
- EDC-525-01 - Assessment for Counseling
- EDC-555-01 - School Counseling Program Planning and Consultation