Judy A. Egan, Ph.D.
has been a registered nurse for over 20 years specializing in adult medical
surgical nursing. She moved into nursing education in 2010 to give back to a
profession that has given her so much. Dr. Egan enjoys teaching and mentoring a
new generation of nurses. Her research interests include student preparation
for NCLEX-RN and exploration of nurse preceptor perspectives.
owns two standard poodles- Abby and Ginger- who enjoy visiting with the
students especially during exam time. Ginger enjoys visiting patients at the
hospital as a registered therapy dog.
PhD, Seton Hall University
MSN, Monmouth University
RN, Ann May School of Nursing
BS, Hood College
Egan, J. (2016). The Relationship between Utilization of the Elsevier Online Remediation Tool and the HESI Exit Exam for Student Nurses Preparing for the NCLEX-RN. October 2016. Dissertation, Seton Hall University.
Egan, J., Toughill, E. H., Painter, A. & Truex, R. (2013). Exploring the relationships between and among nurses’ perspectives on preceptorship, nurses’ generation of birth and nurses’ ordinal position of birth.
Egan, J., Toughill, E. H., Painter, A. & Truex, R. (2016 Oct). What is influencing homecare nurses to accept or reject precepting opportunities? A pilot study. Home Healthcare Now. 34(9):485-90. doi: 10.1097/NHH.0000000000000454.
Egan, Judith (2019) Review of Nursing Care Plans: Guidelines for individualizing client care across the lifespan, 10th Edition. F. A. Davis: Philadelphia, PA. Doody’s Review Service (on-line). Available: http://www.doody.com. (Accessed [03/20/19]).
2017 Elsevier Educational conference Las Vegas Nevada. Poster Presentation (Egan, J., 2017). The Relationship between Utilization of the Elsevier Online Remediation Tool and the HESI Exit Exam for Student Nurses Preparing for the NCLEX-RN
2017 AACN BSN Conference Atlanta Georgia (Wall, M. P. & Egan, J., 2017) Application of the Donabedian Model to Medication Calculation Competency Examination.
2019 (July) Sigma Theta Tau Conference Calgary Canada. Oral Presentation (Egan, J. 2018). General systems theory guided evaluation of a remediation policy for students preparing for NCLEX-RN.
2019-2024 Recertified, ANCC Medical Surgical Nurse (RN-BC)
2018-2023 Recertified, NLN Certified Nurse Educator
2015 College of Nursing Faculty of the Year Seton Hall University
2013 Kappa Delta Pi
2010 Monmouth University MSN Academic Excellence Award
2009 Sigma Theta Tau
- Subject Matter Expert Volunteer NCSBN September 2015
- New Jersey State Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education
- Manasquan First Aid Squad- Active Associate member
- Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dogs
Monmouth University Service
- First Year advisor to advise incoming freshman
- General Education Oversite Committee; Chair for Standard I
- Member interdisciplinary committee
- Chair BSN Committee
Frequently Taught Classes
Recently Taught Classes
2021 Summer C
2020 Summer B
- NU-514-B02 - Data Management for Advanced Nursing Practice
- NU-514-B01 - Data Management for Advanced Nursing Practice
- NU-355-02 - Research Methods in Nursing
- NU-355-01 - Research Methods in Nursing
- NU-360-01 - Transcultural Health