Speech Language Pathology
Ph.D., Health Sciences, Seton Hall University
M.S., Speech Language Pathology, Northern Arizona University
M.S., Education, Adelphi University
B.A., Social and Behavioral Sciences, Ohio State University
- Courses this Semester
- SLP 211: Phonetics
SLP 212: Introduction to Language Development
SLP 681: Clini cal Practicum I
- Regularly Taught Courses
Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders
Introduction to Language Development
Pediatric Language Disorders
Dr. Mlawski began her career as a practicing SLP in the New York City Public Schools. In addition to working in the public schools, Dr. Mlawski provided early intervention services to the 0-3 population, worked at Jersey City Medical Center, and supervised Graduate Students at a University Clinic.
Dr. Mlawski has presented at international, national, state, and local conferences on language and literacy, supervision and peer learning. She also serves on numerous committees on the department, school and university level. These include but are not limited to chairing search committees, serving on Faculty Council, the executive board of Faculty Council, and the Global Education Committee.
- Research Interests
- Mechanisms for peer learning
- Language development
- Literacy in school-age children, and supervision
- Scholarly Articles
- Mlawski, E.A. & DeLuca, D.A. (2017). Perspectives of millennial SLP graduate students during clinical peer learning: Student survey results, Athens: ATINER Conference Paper Series, No: COL2017-2337.
- Mlawski, E.A., DeLuca, D., Cahill, T.F., & Pinto-Zipp, G. (2017). How neuro-typical kindergartners learn from each other: A baseline of peer learning . Journal of Communication Disorders and Assistive Technology , 1, 1-21.
- Mlawski, E. A., & Cattano, A. (2016). Examining leader behaviors of kindergarten students during peer learning. Journal of Academic Perspectives , 1-15.
- Professional Associations
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- Additional Information
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
- New Jersey license in Speech-Language Pathology
- New Jersey Speech-Language Specialist Certificate
- BLS CPR certified
- New York license in Speech-Language Pathology
- New York Teacher of Speech and Hearing Handicap Certificate