Masters in Nutrition and Physical Fitness, New York University, New York, NY
Dietetic Internship, New York, NY, The New York Presbyterian Hospital
Bachelor of Science in Home Economics/Clinical Dietetics, Hunter College, CUNY, New York, NY
- Regularly Taught Courses
- HE 380 Nutrition and Health
Barbara Baron is a healthy eating consultant and Family Meals Dietitian. As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) she works with individuals, health care providers, and organizations. A mother of two, she has over 30 years of experience working in hospital, community, academic and agricultural settings bringing good tasting healthy foods to the table. Her list of credentials includes being an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics plus past delegate and president of NYSAND; advisory member of the Interagency Council on Osteoporosis of New Jersey; reviewer for Topics in Clinical Nutrition ( a professional nutrition publication); an active board member of the National Speakers Association’s NJ chapter; a speaker/consultant for Mentoring in Medicine, sponsored program of the National Medical Association, and is past Vice President of Nutrition Affairs of the American Dairy Association & Dairy Council.
Certificates & Awards
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Commission on Dietetics Registration Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist, New York State
- Certificate in Leadership, Leadership Institute, American Dietetic Association (ADA)
- Past President of NYS Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly ADA)
- Past Delegate, NYS, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certificates of Training in Adult & Children/Adolescent Weight Management
- Greater New York Dietetic Association, Distinguished Dietitian of The Year
- American Dietetic Association, Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year Award
- Additional Information
Over 30 years of experience in food and nutrition, translating science of nutrition and health into easy to use tips for moms, teachers, students, journalists, corporate & public health leaders, practicing and future health care providers!
- Nutrition Consultant, and Food & Nutrition Coach creating personalized action plans with specific achievable goals for a healthier you.
- Speaker for the National Medical Association’s Mentors in Medicine program bringing food and nutrition advice to pre-med students and High School Science Seniors.
- Treasurer, NJ Chapter of The National Speakers Association
- Reviewer for the publication, Topics in Clinical Nutrition
- Advisor on the NJ Interagency Council on Osteoporosis.