Ph.D., Indiana University-Bloomington
M.A., Gonzaga University
B.A., Washington State University
- McAllan Hall 206
- Personal Site https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=xElRqm0AAAAJ&hl=en
- Regularly Taught Courses
- Educational Foundation Courses
Dr. Estudillo is originally from Washington in the Pacific Northwest. He earned his Ph.D. from the School of Education at Indiana University-Bloomington. He is a member of the tenure-track faculty here at Monmouth University.
- Research Interests
Equity-in-Practice; Educational Justice
Contexts Centered on Equity in the Schools and Higher Education
Developmental/Educational Trajectories for Children and Adolescents
United States Latina/o/x Education
- Estudillo, A. G., Flores, G., Maldonado, J. M., & Bartek, S. Latina/o-serving institutions. In M. Frederick, M., P. A. Sasso & J. Maldonado (2018). The dynamic student development meta-theory: A new model for student success. New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing.
- Hernández, E. & Estudillo, A. G. The college choice process for high achieving Latinas. In A. G. de los Santos Jr, L. J. Rendón, G. F. Keller, A. Acereda, E. Bensimón, & R. J. Tannenbaum (2018). New directions in Hispanic college student assessment and academic preparation. Tempe, AZ: Bilingual Press.
- Estudillo, A. G. & Flores, A. (2015) Advocating for intergenerational leadership among Latina/o faculty, staff, and students. In F. Hernandez, E. Murakami, & G. Rodriguez (Eds.), Abriendo Puertas, Cerrando Heridas (Opening Doors, Closing Woods): Latina/os Finding Work-Life Balance in Academia. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing. (Equal Authorship)
- Scholarly Articles
- Estudillo, A. G., Guzman, T., Ciavattoni, A., & DellaVecchia, A. (In Press). Critical reflections: Interviews, journaling, and researcher observations of pre-service teacher education student participation in service-learning. Journal of Applied Learning in Higher Education.
- Estudillo, A. G. (In Press). [Review of the book Millennial teachers of color]. Journal of Latinos and Education.
- Flores, G. & Estudillo, A. G. (2018). Effects of a peer-to-peer mentoring program: Supporting first-year college students’ academic and social integration on campus. Journal of Human Services: Training, Research, and Practice, 3(2).
- Estudillo, A. G. & Castillo, Y. A. (2016). [Invited Review of the book Revisiting education in the new Latino diaspora]. Teachers College Record.
- Castillo, Y. A. & Estudillo, A. G. (2015). Undergraduate research: An essential piece for underrepresented students’ college success. Perspectives on Undergraduate Research and Mentoring (PURM), 4.1, 1-15.
- Professional Associations
- Society for Research in Child Development
- American Educational Research Association
- APA Division 45, Society for the Psychological Study of Culture, Ethnicity, and Race
- 2017 Faculty Fellow of the American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education, Inc. (AAHHE)/Ford Foundation
- Transformative Learning Grant, PI, School of Education, Monmouth University 2016-2017
- Service Learning Faculty Fellow, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL)/Office of Service Learning and Community Service, Monmouth University 2016-2017
- Creativity and Research Grant Award, Research and Initiatives, Monmouth University Spring 2016