PRSSA is a pre-professional organization that strives to prepare students for jobs in public relations and related fields. The mission of PRSSA is to serve its members by enhancing their knowledge of public relations and providing access to professional development opportunities and to serve the public relations profession by helping to develop highly qualified, well-prepared, professionals.
Why Should You Join?
The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) helps students to expand their communication skills. The group’s success correlates with member participation and enthusiasm. Members should actively pursue their entitled benefits, thereby expanding their professional skills and development. Discourage those who merely pay dues so as to embellish their resumes; this act contradicts the mission of the organization and falsifies their qualifications. PRSSA is all about exploration, expanding, and having fun!
Knowledge and networking are two main benefits of PRSSA. Attending regular meetings and participating in our activities gives you the knowledge needed to work in the professional world.
PRSSA offers a wide variety of opportunities to gain both skills and contacts to pursue a successful career. For example, as a PRSSA member, you can participate in the National Conferences and National Assembly. PRSSA helps their members lay their foundations for their careers.
Members of the Monmouth University PRSSA are eligible to receive a wide range of benefits from not only the chapter, but from national organizations as well. Such benefits include the following:
- Opportunity to win scholarships from PRSSA
- Ability to network with various professionals
- Heightened exposure to internship opportunities
- Chance to attend various PRSSA conferences, lectures, and social events, at a discounted member rate
- Such conferences include the PRSSA National Conference (held concurrent with the PRSA Conference), PRSSA National Assembly, PRSA Chesapeake Conference and various leadership caucuses
- Receipt of PR Tactics and PRSA official publications which detail current trends in the profession
- Opportunity to make social contacts with other public relations majors to help provide study support
PRSSA meets every Wednesday at 3 p.m. in Room 234 of the Jules Plangere Center. Please visit our office in Plangere room 234 to speak with a member of our executive board.
Find us on Instagram: @mushadowpr