Message from President Leahy to Parents and Families
Dear Parents and Families of the Class of 2020:
As this graduation week at Monmouth University dawns, let me congratulate you and your son or daughter on achieving this milestone in life – an undergraduate degree! I couldn’t be more proud of the seniors, especially since this is my first graduation class as the new president. But, I know as a parent myself that my pride in your son or daughter pales in comparison to the pride and joy you must feel today. Congratulations!
As you know, the unprecedented events of the past two months have made it impossible for us to gather together as a community to celebrate with you. However, my promise to you and all of the members of the Class of 2020 has been – and will continue to be – this: we will, when public health and government officials allow, come together on our beautiful campus to mark this important milestone in their lives. Please urge your son or daughter to continue to monitor their Monmouth University email account for important updates, including possible dates for the ceremony itself and instructions on how they can have their cap and gown shipped to them at home.
Finally, I want to share with you the many virtual activities, organized by the senior class officers, to commemorate senior week and graduation. It is my hope that the students have participated in many of them already and will participate in others with their classmates during the coming week.
- Tuesday 5/5 – Senior Hangout on Zoom Including Trivia Game with lots of gift card giveaways
- Wednesday 5/6 – Dinner Cruise on the Hudson Giveaway
- Thursday 5/7 – Winery Gift Card Giveaway
- Friday 5/8 – Senior Sunrise Photo Contest
- Saturday 5/9 – Six Flags Great Adventure Giveaway
- Sunday 5/10 – Life After Monmouth Virtual Bingo at 8pm
- Monday 5/11 at 1pm – Welcome to the Alumni Family Webinar
- Tuesday 5/12 – Monmouth Memory Book
- Wednesday 5/13 (Graduation Day) – 20 for ’20 & Monmouth Diploma Frame Giveaway
- Thursday 5/14 – Virtual Toast to the Class of 2020 via Instagram Story
I look forward to staying in touch with you in the weeks ahead as details for the commencement ceremony emerge. Until then, please accept my very best wishes for good health during these challenging times. Congratulations!
Dr. Patrick Leahy