The following policies are in effect with regard to Career Development’s relationship with employers participating in all of the University’s career days.
NACE Principles for Ethical Professional Practice
- The Career Development Center operates under the practices set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), Principles for Ethical Professional Practice. Visit NACE’s website for more information.
Right of Refusal Statement
- Career Development reserves the right to refuse participation in any career day to an employer whose job opportunities do not support the mission or interests of the University.
- Career Development reserves the right to limit the number of employers representing the same business or industry from participating at career days to maintain a balanced program for all our students’ majors. This includes independently owned or operated offices, including franchises, affiliated with the same employer.
- As a division of a private university, Career Development reserves the right to decline services to any employer that is not in keeping with the mission or interests of the University or Career Development, or for any other reason it deems appropriate.
Job Posting Policies
- Career Development now manages its job postings and recruiting activities through the Handshake platform and invite all potential employers to establish an account by registering here. Enter in your email address and desired password, then click Sign Up. After creating the account, be sure to find Monmouth University under “Schools” to request access to our University.
Career Event Policies
- Refunds for career day fees will be issued provided the employer requests such refund at least three weeks prior to the event. The request should be made via e-mail to email@example.com. No refunds will be issued later than two weeks prior to the event.
- All employers must receive approval from Career Development prior to attending any career days.
- Employers attending career days are prohibited from marketing or promoting their products or services to students or other employer participants. Employers are also prohibited from engaging in fundraising during the career day.
Career Event Cancellation
- Please contact Jeff Mass at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific cancellation policy.
- Employers are expected to follow the guidelines established by NACE. For more information visit the NACE website.