Bachelor’s + Master’s Program in Social Work
Prepare to advocate for the equitable quality of life of individuals, families, groups, and communities with Monmouth’s nationally recognized School of Social Work. As a student in the five-year program, you will qualify for additional scholarships and seamlessly transition into your master’s courses as an advanced standing student. Monmouth’s human rights-based curriculum allows you to focus your graduate learning in Global and Community Practice or Clinical Practice with Families and Children while completing fieldwork relevant to your career goals. With a strong professional network containing over 500 agency partnerships, you will have unparalleled access to internship, fieldwork, and post-graduation career opportunities with highly regarded behavioral health care companies.
- At the completion of your sophomore year at Monmouth University, you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and a 3.00 GPA in your major.
- At the completion of your junior year, you must have 96 credits completed and a 3.00 GPA within your major.
- Before the completion of your senior year, you must submit your online Graduate Studies admission application by the March 15 deadline. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 and meet the requirements for your intended graduate program.
- At the completion of your senior year, if you have completed your undergraduate requirements for graduation, you will participate in the University’s Commencement program and receive your bachelor’s degree.
- You may be required to take up to two graduate courses during your senior year. Your advisor and program director will provide guidance on course requirements. You will then follow the sequence of graduate courses for fall and spring.
- The $50 Graduate Studies application fee, recommendation letters, and essay requirements will be waived.
- For the BSW/MSW program, a positive recommendation for Advanced Standing from the BSW Program Director after the interview is required in the fourth year to continue in the MSW program.
- For more information about Monmouth University’s Five-Year Programs, please contact the Undergraduate Admission Office at 732-571-3456.
- Students in the Five-Year Program who are currently residing in University-sponsored housing are eligible to participate in the housing selection process to live in University-sponsored housing during their fifth year.