Bachelor’s + Master’s Program in Software Engineering
Expand your arsenal of real-world skills and your value as a professional with an accelerated B.S. + M.S. in Software Engineering. From interaction design to security risk management, the rigorous curriculum will expose you to a range of new systems, languages, and ideas that will make you a desirable candidate for higher paying leadership positions. As early as your senior year, our five-year program allows you to pursue specialized courses in areas such as network security, telecommunications, embedded systems, and more. Through faculty mentorship, student activity clubs, and immersive learning, you’ll emerge as a well-rounded candidate with the complex technical skills needed for problem-solving and the interpersonal skills that are crucial to working with a team.
SAMPLE SEQUENCE CHART:
- At the completion of your sophomore year at Monmouth University, you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and a 3.00 GPA in your major.
- At the completion of your junior year, you must have 96 credits completed and a 3.00 GPA within your major.
- Before the completion of your senior year, you must submit your online Graduate Studies admission application by the May 1 deadline. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 and meet the requirements for your intended graduate program.
- At the completion of your senior year, if you have completed your undergraduate requirements for graduation, you will participate in the University’s Commencement program and receive your bachelor’s degree.
- You may be required to take up to two graduate courses during your senior year. Your advisor and program director will provide guidance on course requirements. You will then follow the sequence of graduate courses for summer/fall and spring.
- The $50 Graduate Studies application fee, recommendation letters, and essay requirements will be waived.
- For more information about Monmouth University’s Five-Year Programs, please contact the Undergraduate Admission Office at 732-571-3456.
- Students in the Five-Year Program who are currently residing in University-sponsored housing are eligible to participate in the housing selection process to live in University-sponsored housing during their fifth year.