4+2 Program in B.S. Health Studies & Minor in Communication Sciences and Disorders/M.S.Ed. in Speech-Language Pathology
Take the first step toward a fulfilling career in speech-language pathology (SLP) and secure your spot in our competitive graduate cohort with this unique Bachelor’s + Master’s program. At the undergraduate level, you will pursue a B.S. in Health Studies along with a minor in communication sciences and disorders, exploring areas such as language development, phonetics, and anatomy and physiology of the speech and hearing mechanism. Contingent on meeting progression benchmarks, you will then transition into your graduate education while waiving fees and application requirements. As an SLP graduate student at Monmouth University, you will benefit from specialized coursework, hands-on clinical experience, and in-depth research projects. You will also experience high-level clinical training in our on-campus Center for Speech and Language Disorders, as well as work with our community partners to develop evidence-based practice skills in both health care and school-based settings.
- Select the 4+2 program option on the Common Application when you apply to Monmouth University.
- Applications are due December 1 and must contain a personal statement detailing interest in the program.
- Seats will be held for up to 15 students and admission to the program is extremely competitive.
**Admission to the 4+2 program is contingent upon successful completion of the program requirements. During the student’s senior year at Monmouth, they would submit a Graduate Studies Application for Admission. To continue on to the Monmouth’s SLP program, students must meet the following standards:
- Bachelor’s Degree: All applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from Monmouth University’s by May of their 4th year.
- Prerequisites: Successfully complete 18 credits of prerequisite course work in Speech-Language Pathology via the Communication Sciences and Disorders Minor with a B of better. Applicants must also successfully complete the following prerequisite courses with a grade of B or better: course content in the areas of statistics and biological, physical and social/behavioral sciences in order to meet Standard IV-A of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. It is required that students complete these courses prior to June 15 and their enrollment in the graduate program. For more information about this coursework visit asha.org.
- Grade Point Average: Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in prerequisite courses.
- The Graduate Studies application fee, GRE scores, letter of intent and letters of recommendation will be waived for students in the 4+2 program
- Technical Standards: A completed Monmouth University SLP Communication Standards Form.
- Resumes: Recommended but not required.