Five-Year B.S. in Business Administration/MBA
Receiving your MBA may qualify you to earn about 38% more at an entry-level job than your bachelor-holding counterparts, and makes you a viable candidate for opportunities in leadership roles (NACE, 2018). With Monmouth’s Bachelor’s + Master’s program in business, you’ll unlock these exciting opportunities sooner while qualifying for additional scholarships, waiving application fees, and earning your B.S. and MBA in just five years. Monmouth’s AACSB-accredited Leon Hess Business School offers an individualized and innovative education that prioritizes leadership skills and entrepreneurial thought. With the ability to pursue a general curriculum tailored to your interests or specialize in accounting, finance, management, marketing, or real estate concentrations, you will learn from the very best in the industry and add powerful skillsets to your resume. Your connections with faculty, as well as professional development opportunities with visiting speakers, networking events, internships, and more, will help you build a strong network that can propel your career forward.
SAMPLE SEQUENCE CHARTS:
- BS in Business Administration with a Concentration in Accounting and a Master of Business Administration
- For the BSBA/MBA program, you must complete the following courses with a grade of “B” or better to waive you from foundation coursework in the MBA and reduce the time and cost of the MBA:
- BA 251 – Principles of Financial Accounting
- BA 252 – Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BE 201 – Microeconomics
- BE 202 – Macroeconomics
- BE 251 – Business Statistics
- BF 301 – Principles of Finance
- BF 304 – Money, Credit, and Financial Institutions
- BK 250 – Principles of Marketing
- BM 250 – Principles of Management and Organizational Behavior
- BM 350 – Operations Management
- At the completion of your sophomore year at Monmouth University, you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and a 3.00 GPA in your major.
- At the completion of your junior year, you must have 96 credits completed and a 3.00 GPA within your major to keep you on track to finish your bachelor’s degree in four years with room to take two graduate-level MBA courses in your senior year.
- Before the completion of your senior year, you must submit your online Graduate Studies admission application for the MBA degree by the May 1 deadline. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 and a cumulative SAT score of 1160, or at least a cumulative GPA of 3.5, and have completed your foundation coursework with the required minimum grades.
- The $50 Graduate Studies application fee, recommendation letters, and essay requirements will be waived.
- Five-year MBA students complete two graduate courses during senior year. Your advisor and program director will provide guidance on course requirements. You will then follow the sequence of graduate courses for summer/fall and spring.
- At the completion of your senior year, you will participate in the University’s Commencement program and receive your bachelor’s degree.
- For more information about Monmouth University’s Five-Year Programs, please contact the Undergraduate Admission Office at 732-571-3456.
- For more information specifically about the five-year MBA program, please contact the MBA Program Office at 732-571-2424.
- Students in the Five-Year Program who are currently residing in University-sponsored housing are eligible to participate in the housing selection process to live in University-sponsored housing during their fifth year.