Bachelor’s + Master’s Program in English
Fast-track your education to a master’s degree in English while gaining essential career preparation. Taught by experienced faculty who understand the challenges of today’s job market, the five-year combined B.A. + M.A. English program focuses a portion of your studies on gaining the professional experience and tools needed to pursue the career you want. In addition to examining literature, writing, and rhetoric, you will build your resume and write cover letters, prepare scholarly or literary publications, or create conference proposals and presentations with expert guidance from faculty members. This program also prepares students to continue to an M.F.A. or Ph.D. terminal degree program.
- You must meet all admission criteria for your graduate program of interest.
- Before the start of your senior year, please submit the online Graduate Studies application for admission; your application fee will be waived.
- At the completion of your senior year, you will apply for graduation and participate in the University’s Commencement program and receive your bachelor’s degree.
- For scholarship consideration, you must have a 3.0 GPA or better and continue on to graduate study as a full-time student during the summer or fall semester immediately following graduation.
- You may be required to take up to two graduate courses during your senior year. Your advisor and program director will provide guidance on course requirements. You will then follow the sequence of graduate courses for summer/fall and spring.
For more information about Monmouth University’s Five-Year Programs, please contact the Undergraduate Admission Office at 732-571-3456.
Students in the Five-Year Program who are currently residing in University-sponsored housing are eligible to participate in the housing selection process to live in University-sponsored housing during their fifth year.