Main Menu

  • Housing and Services


    On-campus housing for Monmouth University students is on a first-come, first-served basis for undergraduate students, with a number of spaces reserved for international undergraduate students.

    Off-campus housing in the local area is available. More information about locating off-campus housing can be found on the Off-Campus and Commuter Services Web site. A limited number of university housing spaces are available for graduate students. Please visit Graduate Student Housing for more information.

    Student Visa Information

    Upon admission to Monmouth University, in order to request an I-20, students must submit additional documentation. The I-20 is proof of your eligibility to then apply for the F-1 student status visa. To receive the I-20 form from Monmouth University, a student must show reasonable proof of funding to cover the cost of his or her entire program of study. Documentary evidence of means of support is required.

    Procedures and requirements for applying for a student visa vary from country to country and can be complex. Your nearest U.S. educational information advising center can supply you with the valuable information on the application procedures for your country. Your nearest U.S. embassy can provide via application forms and specific details of the visa application procedure. For detailed information about documentation and forms, please visit the U.S. Department of State.

    For more complete visa information, please go to: or contact us at

    Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)

    SEVIS is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System run by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). SEVIS monitors and reports international students and scholars in the U.S. Currently there is a $200 SEVIS fee that is required. The student needs to pay the SEVIS fee before going to their country's consulate for a visa interview. For further information, please visit the U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement site.

    International Student Services

    Monmouth University's Office of International Student and Faculty Services assists students from other countries with their adjustment to life in the United States and at Monmouth University. Upon acceptance to the University, the student will be contacted by the international student assistant director, Barbara Nitzberg, who will provide personal and academic advising and cross-cultural counseling. Barbara’s contact information is 732-571-3640,, and her office is located in room 32 on the first floor of the Rebecca Stafford Student Center.

    Once an international student has arrived on campus, he or she will report directly to Barbara. Orientation for international students is held in the spring and fall. Transfer students must make an appointment with the Office of Undergraduate Admission to complete the school transfer process.