Skip to main content


Au Pairs: Study at Monmouth University

Monmouth University welcomes Au Pairs to take coursework, for either credit or as auditing students. Monmouth recognizes the unique circumstances of Au Pairs and will assist applicants individually in choosing coursework that is interesting and enriching for them.

Come join our community and explore American culture and education. Take a class or two and experience the joy of learning—you can take coursework in anything from arts to history, foreign language to sciences. We have a dedicated staff that can help guide you through the application process and services for international students navigating their way through all the opportunities Monmouth has to offer!

If you have questions, please contact Victoria Bobik, Director of Undergraduate Admission. You can reach her via e-mail at or 732-263-5874.

Frequently Asked Questions for Au Pairs Seeking to Enroll at Monmouth University

How do I apply?

It’s easy! Download our non-matriculating Application form. Print this form, complete it, and return to:

Office of Admission Processing
Monmouth University
400 Cedar Avenue
West Long Branch, NJ 07764

If you wish to take non-credit or audit classes (in other words, to enroll and meet your requirements for study, but not be graded), send the application and we will provide access to our online Request to Audit Form.

Who should I contact if I need help with my registration?

You can contact Emma Caban ( at 732-571-3456. She will help you with all your other questions and concerns.

Will I have access to computers and internet?

Yes, all students are issued an ID number that will give them to access to any of the computer labs on campus.

Will the classes that I take allow me to get a degree?

No, you will not be able to pursue a degree at Monmouth University as a non-matriculated student at this time. However, if you can take classes for credit, you will be able to use those credits towards a degree in the U.S. in the future should you choose to do so.

How many classes can I take?

According to the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Service, Au pairs are required to enroll for at least 6 semester hours of classes (typically two courses) at a post-secondary educational institution.

What does it mean to Audit a class?

To audit a class means to attend a class, actively participate in the class discussions, and complete all assignments. However, you will not take exams or receive a grade for that class.

Is parking available?

Yes, our campus offers a large parking lot that accommodates commuter students. Should you decide to attend Monmouth, we will assist you in obtaining the necessary parking decal.

Will I need an ID card? How do I get one?

Yes, you need an ID card. You can go to the Traffic Office to get one.

Are there other international students on campus?

Of course! You are encouraged to join the International Student Club where our international students gather to exchange ideas, experiences and participate in various activities.