The University Mailroom
The University Mailroom receives all mail for Monmouth University employees and students.
Interoffice mail is picked up and distributed by the University Mailroom.
Employee/Departmental mail is also distributed by the University Mailroom.
How to Mail a Letter:
You can drop off a stamped letter to:
- The Facilities Mailroom located at the rear of the Facilities Management Building
- The Student Mailroom, located temporarily at the Quad side of Elmwood Shadows.
- The United States Postal Service Mailboxes located outside the Rebecca Stafford Student Center and in the Quad area, adjacent to residence halls.
Express Services (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.):
Drop-off: You will need to go to the Facilities Mailroom located at the rear of the Facilities Management Building for assistance. Please call in advance at 732-571-3468.
Shipping Personal Packages: 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
We ship USPS, UPS & FedEx from the Facilities Mailroom.
Your package(s) must be ready to ship. We carry overnight shipping supplies but do not carry parcel boxes. Any old labels must be removed or covered on reused boxes. You must pay at the time of drop-off. Letters may also be processed. We accept cash and checks only. We ask that you provide bills no larger than $20.
Stamps are available for purchase at the University Bookstore or you can order stamps online from the United States Postal Service at www.usps.com. The mailroom does not sell postage stamps.
Location and Hours:
Facilities Mailroom is located at the rear of the Facilities Management Building (far end of the south side of campus). The mailroom door is located at the rear of the Facilities Management Building. Be careful of traffic when going to the Mailroom.
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Mailroom Phone: 732-571-3468
Student Mailroom is located at the Shadows, quad side of Elmwood Hall.
- Monday & Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday & Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- * Note – hours may vary during winter & spring breaks. Student Mailroom closes for summer sessions. Any changes will be communicated in cooperation with Residential Life.
Student Mailroom Phone: 732-263-5224
Mail/Shipping Supervisor: Bill Byrne
Head Mail Clerk: Joseph Vajda
Mail Clerks: Alison Weir, Steven Zarkowski
- “Your Full Legal Name”
- 431 Cedar Ave
- “Your Residence Hall/Apartment & Room #”
- Monmouth University
- West Long Branch, NJ 07764-1898
Let your carrier know that delivery hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., *No Weekend Deliveries*
Please do not send cash, checks or gift cards regular mail. Tracking is highly recommended as we cannot be responsible for lost letters.
Student package delivery is through the Student Mailroom Mailroom.
- Once a package is received through our mail system, an e-mail is automatically sent to the student. (Do not solely rely on carrier emails.)
- We ask that you social distance during delivery pick-ups.
- Only one person allowed for pick-ups and must stand 6’ apart (no more than 3 students inside).
- Student ID is required to pick up a package. Please be prepared to take all your packages.
- If a package is missing, we will need your carrier & tracking number.
Carrier Drop-offs to 400 Cedar Ave (Facilities)
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
All Deliveries must come through the Larchwood Avenue entrance.
Most deliveries are made to the Facilities Management Mailroom.
Exceptions: Deliveries can be made directly to the Bookstore (Ocean First Bank Center) or to Gourmet Dining (Student Center and Dining Hall).
If uncertain, always go to Facilities Mailroom first and you will be directed to the appropriate location.
Map and Directions
- From Route 36 East make right onto Route 71 South (Monmouth Road).
- Go approximately one mile and Route 71 will fork and bare slight left onto Cedar Avenue.
- Follow Route 71/Cedar Avenue for approximately one half mile.
- Continue to the traffic light at Larchwood Avenue.
- Turn right onto Larchwood Avenue.
- Turn left into Monmouth University.
- Proceed straight on Scholars Way and at the end, bear right and then left into the Receiving area.
Please do not block the drive way exiting the lot. You must announce yourself to the Mailroom. If no one is available, you can go to the front office of Facilities Management to announce yourself.
Carrier Drop-offs to 431 Cedar Ave (Student Mailroom)
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
All student packages must go to Student Mailroom (North Campus)
Maps & Directions:
Go to “D” on map from Cedar Ave through the Monmouth University Arch, follow the road (bears to the left) to stop sign look across the street sign, “Do Not Enter” enter there and bear to the right, you will see glass atrium, Shadows #1 on the map. You will see signs for Mailroom.