Dr. Rose Knapp, DNP, RN, APN-C
Director of the MSN Program and Coordinator of the Nurse Practitioner Program
DNP, University of Miami
MSN, Seton Hall University
Office: McAllan Hall
, Room 304
Regularly Taught Courses:
NU 524 - Advanced Pharmacology for the APN
NU 541/542 - Primary Care for the APN
NU 621/622 - APN I: Adult Gerontology Primary Care APN
NU 631/632 - APN I: Family APN
NU 702 - Health Promotion for Culturally Diverse Populations
NU 731 - Capstone Practicum I
NU 733 - Capstone Practicum II
NU 206 - Introduction to Pharmacology
Dr. Rose Knapp is an Associate Professor and Graduate Faculty, MSN Program Director and Coordinator of the APN Program at Monmouth University teaching in both the APN and DNP program.
Dr. Knapp is a practicing ANCC certified Acute Care APN with extensive practice experience in both the ED and Primary care. She is the Immediate Past President of the NJSNA Forum of Nurses in Advanced Practice.
Dr. Knapp is known for her work in APN clinical practice issues, APN and DNP education, medication management, electronic health records, and women with cardiovascular disease.
She has lectured extensively at the local, state, and national level on these topics. She has recently published the 3rd edition of Hemodynamics Made Incredibly Visual in addition to other peer reviewed journals.
She serves as an ANCC Content Expert and is the clinical editor of the upcoming ANCC Acute Care Gerontology Certification Review Manual.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau:
- NYU Upsilon Chapter Past President
- Lambda Delta Chapter- Faculty Advisor/Treasurer
- New Jersey State Nurses Association Forum of Advanced Practice: Immediate Past President
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- American Nurse Association
- Geriatric Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Monmouth Medical Center Advanced Practice Council
- New Jersey Nurses Leadership Council
- National League of Nursing
- 2016 New Jersey State Nurses Association Forum of Advanced Practice Nurses APN of the Year Award
- 2016 Sigma Theta Tau Lambda Delta Chapter Hannelore Sweetwood Mentor Award
- 2016 American Association of Nurse Practitioners Fellow Nominee
- 2009 University if Miami School of Nursing DNP Women of the South Scholarship
- 2007 New York University Masters of Nursing Education Preceptor of the Year