Chris A Hirschler, PhD, MCHES
Study Abroad Faculty Director
PhD, Cleveland State University
MA, SUNY College at Brockport
BS, Excelsior College
Office: McAllan Hall, Room 330
Fall 2012 Office Hours:
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to noon; Friday: 9 a.m. to noon; For appointments: Please email three dates/times and I will confirm.
Regularly Taught Courses:
Substance Use and Abuse (HE 160)
Guatemala Public Health (HE 399)
Methods of Teaching Health Education (ED 378/578)
Leadership, Public Health, and Higher Education (PR 444)
- Hirschler, C. (2011). "What pushed me over the edge was a deer hunter": Being vegan in North America. Society and Animals, 19, 156-174.
- Hirschler, C. (June 19, 2011). What if her grandmother really did die? The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Hirschler, C. (April, 2012). "Following his own beat." Z-Life.
- Hirschler, C. (2012). Essay on how "The Apprentice" prompted a change in a professor's requirements. Inside Higher Ed.
- Hirschler, C. & Hope, A. (Submitted) Human Papillomavirus and herpes: College students' perceptions and experiences