Our Mission: To cultivate the writing skills of all students, faculty, staff, and alumni by providing a nurturing writing environment that fosters the growth of writers of all levels.
Welcome to Writing Services
Writing Services will begin
Summer tutoring hours on
Tuesday, May 28, 2013.
Essay Contest Winners
Congratulations to Meaghan Hess and Lauren Walsh, winners of the First-Year Composition Academic Essay Contest for 2011-2012! To read their winning essays, please click on the following links:
WRITING SERVICES OFFERS
WRITE AT NIGHT
Writing Services now offers after-hours assistance with academic writing during the fall and spring semesters. Write at Night hours are available at the following satellite locations:
Monmouth University Library on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 8 to 10 p.m. in the 1st Floor Group Study Room
Mullaney Hall on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8 to 10 p.m. in 136A.
Writing Services is a free resource available to Monmouth University students and employees who need help with their writing or wish to improve their work. We offer one-on-one writing assistance in all academic disciplines and at all stages of the writing process, from brainstorming ideas and writing drafts to polishing the final revision and reviewing documentation styles.
We also offer online tutoring to graduate students who are unable to get to campus during working hours. As part of the online tutoring process, students upload their paper to "Online Writing Services" on eCampus; a writing assistant then provides feedback and returns the document via e-mail within 72 hours.
FACTS ABOUT WRITING SERVICES:
- Face-to-face writing appointments can easily be made through TutorTrac.
- A single session is 30 minutes; a double session (back-to-back appointments) is one hour.
- Students can bring in any type of class assignment, as well as résumés, cover letters, and personal statements.
- Writing assistants (WA) include undergraduate and graduate students, faculty members, and professionals from the workplace.
- WAs are available to work with students on APA, MLA, and Chicago documentation.